Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Def Cycling Jam

I typically try to get one long weekday ride in on Tuesday -- 30 to 45 miles depending on how much time I have and how I feel. Motivation is always an issue so it's much easier when you have a riding partner. Unfortunately I can only get one 25% of the time for my long Tuesday rides. If not, I usually ride with an iPod, which is dangerous but also fun to glide along to the music.

Yesterday I was supposed to have someone join me but they bailed last minute. I was a little pissed just bc now I was finding it hard to motivate so I decided to get some new music on the way home and stopped off at Virgin Megastore. A few guys in my office went to a Def Leppard concert last week and have been talking the band up...so I've had this urge to grab the greatest hits album. I took the plunge. Vault: Def Leppard's Greatest Hits



The album started well but it began to drag after song two (Photograph). Not great cycling music and with apologies to Russell Simmons, felt a lot like Def Comedy Jam from the 90s - a lot of hype and not much substance. It got me thinking about what my favorite music for cycling is. I know most hard core roadies would consider this question blasphemous since riding with headphones is frowned upon, but I'm working on a list and I'll post one at a later date. Let me know your favorites in the interim.

No comments: