Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Offseason Balancing Act

Well it's been a month since the end of my Italy tour and cycling season. Truth be told, it's been a difficult transition into the offseason as I've regressed into some of my older habits of inactivity and bad eating. One thing I've learned about life is it is all about momentum -- there's a certain inertia that carries you in the direction you are pointed. The second thing I've learned about life is there are no excuses. We all have the power to change our direction and momentum -- it's just a matter of discipline and removing the crutch of the victim syndrome.

Cycling has an incredibly moderating effect on your demeanor and energy levels. The endorphine rushes you get from riding put you on emotional highs for hours and days. While I can't replicate those highs, I can to extent try to moderate my energy levels through other types of activity. For the next few months, I will be practicing yoga and playing squash for my physical outlets. I'll also mix in some stationary bike rides but won't get serious about training/using the bike trainer until January or February, with a goal of starting my 2008 season in March.

I'll be posting here sporadically but don't want to waste anyone's time with gibberish. Come to think of it, since noone likely reads my blog, the only time I am wasting in posting is probably my own.

1 comment:

firSSt said...

please keep wasting your time. i love this blog.great momentum insight, but i lovingly thought of you as a GARP type.