Monday, August 11, 2008

All for Wobble-Naught

My bike fit has gotten so out of control I needed to go back to the basics and have the bike refit by Wobble-Naught. I could try and explain it myself but here's how they describe the fit on their website:

"Everybody is custom, the bicycle must be a continuation of the cyclist. Using a quantitative scientific method we match the bicycle geometry to the cyclist. Maximum performance will be achieved with a precision custom-fit bike."

I originally had the bike fit by Mike Sherry using the Wobble-Naught system back when I got my bike. But I've gone through so many part changes and fitting iterations I decided to go back to him in order to have my bike refit. He chuckled at how out of whack it was. Further, he told me I really didn't need a custom bike -- that I could fit on most stock bikes (although I should shoot for a bigger headtube).

Riding home my fit felt awesome. It was sooooo out of whack. Back to the drawing board on the new bike but I'm still game on trying to get a custom Pegoretti while in Italy.

No comments: