Sunday, August 10, 2008

Italia Una Volta

I'm pretty sure my blog post means "Italy Once Again" in Italian. Yes, that's right, I'm heading back to Italy next month and I couldn't be more excited.

I'm heading back with Dr. Ed and possibly a few other people. We are going to tour the Lakes District and head up into Switzerland through the Dolomites and Alps. In the words of Costanza "I'm BUSTING Jerry, I'm BUSTING!". The scenery on this trip is going to be mindblowing. The climbing will be numbing.

Best part of the trip is that we are passing through the town of legendary framebuilder Dario Pegoretti. He is on my short list of custom steel framebuilders and I may have the chance to meet him in person for a custom fitting. He built frames for Miguel Indurain in the 80s and was named Framebuilder of the Year in 2007. I'm working on figuring out how to contact him to make sure he'll be around when I'm visiting. Did I mention that I'm BUSTING?!!

1 comment:

firSSt said...

Pegoretti builds custom kid frames? Miguel was 10 in the 70's.