Sunday, September 14, 2008

Trouble Brewing

I could be in trouble for my upcoming trip. I've been keeping to my training program for the most part. Yet, my fitness and stamina are horrible. Yesterday, I did a 55 mile ride and bonked halfway through. It was one of the first legitimate times in my life I didn't want to be on a bicycle. I made it home fine but the psychological impact is lingering. I felt like it was my first ride of the season and I'm concerned right now. There are a few potential reasons why I had a rough day but regardless, I need to build my confidence back. Dr. Ed was with me on the ride -- I wonder how much he's concerned about me being ready for the trip? I know I am.

1 comment:

firSSt said...

the mtns are already in your head. and you're in your head.

you've ridden 2,723 miles (as of 9/14) and a bonk is irrelevant, even if before italy. and the dr. has ridden over a thousand miles with you. i doubt he gave it a second thought.