Friday, September 7, 2007

The Final Countdown

Well the bags are packed and I'm ready to roll. The Art of Packing also required some science as I'm pretty sure I'm just under the 80 lb. limit for mike bikebox and duffle bag combined - I just need to hope my home scale is correct!

The biggest "risk" in my packing is my barbag, which I'm carrying on as my "personal item" or self-proclaimed manpurse since my backpack is my dedicated carryon. The barbag is just about the same size as a purse but it's EXTREMELY heavy as it has books and other dense materials. If the security screeners balk at my barbag, my whole packing plan gets foiled. It will require me to pack extra items in my duffle bag which will then be overweight and subject to ridiculous overrage charges. I don't even want to contemplate this scenario.

This is my last blog before the trip as my flight leaves at 5:40pm tonight -- after a layover in Dublin, we'll arrive in Milan Linate Airport just before 11AM and will hopefully be on the road by 12:00-12:30pm. I'll try to blog while I'm there.

Ciao.

No comments: