Thursday, May 1, 2008

Suffer-O-Rama

Suffer-O-Rama is the story of my life lately. Work has been brutal -- stockpicking is no easy task these days and the hours have been long. This creates a huge conflict for my cycling training. In order for me to get an effective ride in outdoors, I really need to leave work no later than 5:30pm given that it gets dark just after 7pm. That's a near impossibility.

So, I need to resort to unusual measures and last lines of defense. Yes, I need to use the trainer. Oh man. Talk about mental torture. The trainer SUCKS. Actually, maybe it's not the trainer. Maybe it's Coach Troy who SUCKS. See, for the 50% of my audience who don't cycle, Coach Troy is the instructor on the cycling training video series Spinervals. Coach Troy is an enigma -- you respect him because he pushes you hard but you despise him because he is so damn glib about it. The bottom line is the trainer is a necessary evil if you want to maintain a consistent workout regimen. I realized tonight it's a great compromise because I can get a full days work and a great workout in the same day. I own about eight spinervals DVDs -- each one has a different focus with a catchy title (e.g. Spinervals 7.0 The Uphill Grind). When I got home tonight and perused the titles, the choice was pretty clear: Spinervals 3.0 Suffer-O-Rama.

1 comment:

firSSt said...

troy sucks balls. get a video where you ride in a crit...it tells you what your cadence should be and it's fun to ride in a pack without the usual risk of a cat 5 crash-fest.