Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Greasy Symbolism

I have a cleaning woman who comes to my apartment every two weeks. Luckily she also does my laundry as I vow never to touch the stuff again in my life. I have about 6 non-iron shirts I have her include in my regular wash. This morning, I went to put one of the shirts on and noticed some small dark smudges scattered all over the shirt. Maybe mascara? Nah, on a cold streak right now. I looked at the next shirt. Same thing. Hmmmm. What could it be? Grease. Bicycle grease. As you may remember, I gave my bike the firSSt cleaning of the season a week ago and I must have unwittingly put a grease laden towel in the hamper. Man...talk about symbolism. My dress shirts are now unwearable bc of bike grease. Is this a message or what?

2 comments:

firSSt said...

yes, absolutely a sign. the omniscient bike is telling you to get rid of lame non-iron shirts. head to pink immediately and buy a real shirt.

Mr. Ignall said...

in a strange twist i just went from worst dressed on wall st. to best dressed bike mechanic.