Monday, March 3, 2008

Oh YEAH!

Man did I miss cycling. But now it's back. Did my first outdoor ride on Saturday in 40 degree weather with 40 miles in the books. This is why I love the training group I do -- there's no way I would have motivated to go out alone on Saturday.

Conditioning was definitely an issue. I need to get it back. I put on a near embarassing showing for a "leader" as I got dropped by my group and as another group approached heard the leader yell out to me "keep spinning" as I flailed away. I wanted to yell out "I'm a leader A*SHOLE" but was a bit of a catch-22. To be fair, some of my bad performance was nutrition related. Once I ate lunch I was much better/got stronger on 2nd half of the ride. Nevertheless, I will be doing some trainer rides this week in preparation for then next ride on Saturday (50 miles).

No comments: