Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Shedding Weight...

I wish it was off my body, but it's not. I'm losing weight the old fashioned way. I'm paying for it, but frugally I might add. While I loved the experience, carrying all my gear touring made me appreciate the minimalist existence of road riding. To that end, I picked up an incredibly small Scott mini-tool in Italy, which I can't find anywhere around here or on the net.

And I just purchased this pump for my rides:










Topeak Micro Rocket AL
Head – Presta Valve
Barrel – CNC Aluminum
Handle – CNC Aluminum
Capacity – 160 psi / 11 bar
Single action
Side Mount Bracket
Size – 6.25 x 0.75 in.
Weight – 65g

It's really more about the size than the weight. I can only imagine how many flats I'm going to get this year now that I have bought this pump.

I have a serious motivational challenge for Thursday. I want to get up at 5:30AM and get 4 laps or 25 miles done in the park before work. Not sure what's going to be more difficult to overcome, the early wakeup or the cold? "KEEP SPINNING" will be spinning through my brain the whole time for sure.

Ride on.

-The Bully

2 comments:

firSSt said...

it's not the size, it's how you use it...

Mr. Ignall said...

good point but i've seen that this baby takes 400 pumps to get the job done - can't say the same for myself.