Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Unfit for Cycling

Shortly after my post this morning, I got an unsolicited e-mail from a racer that does the morning laps critiquing my fit. Turns out all the fine-tuning I did has created a butchered position. Just call me the Dr. Frankenstein of cycling.

Here are the two main issues she pointed out:

1) My upper body is very high.
2) My feet point out, very much. Which will affect my knees (eventually) -- although this may be natural for me.

Man, back to the drawing board. I may need to go back to the guy who originally did my fit. I do have all the key bike measurements from when he did my fit two years ago -- I think first I'll try to move my setup more toward these figures to see how it goes. Adjustment number one will be to move my saddle back on the rails. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

firSSt said...

when you're in idaho, get a fit from the founder of wobblenaught. he is genius and can answer every nuanced question you've ever had.