Monday, March 9, 2009

Literary Classics Revisited

My frequent library visits and search for interesting new books have actually made me yearn for the classics.

I'm starting with The Catcher in the Rye. Oddly enough, the library has only two copies and they are both in horrific shape. Not sure what this says about my first reading choice but I'm definitely enjoying the first few pages. Salinger has an crisp and deliberate writing style. It's matter of fact but insightful at the same time.

I'm thinking my next book will be A Separate Peace by John Knowles, however I'm flexible. Let me know if you have any suggestions. If nothing else it would be nice to know if anyone actually reads this blog or if it's the literary equivalent of a tree falling in a forest.

1 comment:

firSSt said...

yes, it is classics time. tour of flanders, gent-wevelgem, paris-roubaix, milan san remo, and the ardennes classics.

salinger? does he ride with astana?