Sunday, March 29, 2009

Options, Options Everywhere

It's a bit of a long story but I missed my SIG ride yesterday. It may have been a blessing in disguise though. Feeling guilty, I set out to log some miles around Rockville Centre. However, the thought of doing 8-10 five mile loops wasn't sitting well so I ventured out a bit to gain some distance. In the end, I found a way to lengthen my standard ride to 8.5 miles and can also add mileage with an optional 4.5 mile loop and/or 3.5 mile extension. The 3.5 mile extension goes through some less than desirable areas but it's a nice gradual 1.75 mile climb so it's the closest thing to a hill I can't get around here.

Finding the extra miles locally is a huge benefit. It wasn't sitting well that I needed to drive my car in order to get some training miles. Now I can just roll out of my front door at a moment's notice and ride. That's cycling at its best.

No comments: