Thursday, April 10, 2008

Anger Management

Jack Nicholson should have tried cycling.

Had one of those bad days today. Anxious, questioning abilities at work -- picking bad stocks at the worst possible times. My mind was twisting up like a pretzel. You know how it goes.

It didn't take a cookie to reverse my fortune though. Just three laps in Central Park on a 70 degree day.

After laboring through 40 degree rides for the first six weeks the cycling gods finally provided a reprieve. I felt like a hot knife ripping through butter. My buddy and I averaged 19mph for our 20 mile ride. We were pounding out the flats at 20-21mph.

This is why I ride.

Now it's off to Houstons to pound a few beers and who knows what else.

1 comment:

Chunks Daddy said...

knowing myself, I would have taken the cookie. Nothing like food to manage the anger.