Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 4: My Verona

Spent the day checking out Verona today. It's an interesting city with impressive architecture and a very storied history. I'm a bit tired right now so here's the Wiki link if you feel like reading up on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verona

I liked Verona a lot but can't say I fell in love with it. If you've ever done a search to buy an apartment or house, you know that vibe you get when you first walk in the door and say "this is it". I think it's kind of the same situation for Italian cities -- it's all about the feeling they give you when you roam the streets and interact with the people. So far my favorite cities have been Lucca, Bologna and Ravenna. I'm returning to two of them this trip so it'll be interesting to see if I still feel the same way about them.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Treviso, which is the headquarters of Pinarello -- perhaps the most revered cycling company in the world. Maybe if I have a few too many wines I'll be coming home with a new custom bicycle frame?

1 comment:

cervelo best, pinarello good too said...

get hammered. a pinarello would be insane.