Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A True Adventure Brewing

As I was finishing packing for my solo Italy tour today, I decided to check the weather and it's looking like a true adventure. Plenty of rain forecasted early in the trip. And not just plain ol' rain, but serious thunderstorms.

I have to say I've been fortunate overall so far in my bicycle touring experiences and especially with regard to the weather. I'm probably due for some serious rain and pain. Should be interesting.

I really have no expectations for this trip other than to soak up some Italian goodness (food, culture and people). To be honest, while I've made great strides on my Italian language studies, I have VERY low expectations about my ability to speak Italian while I'm there. I've been practicing my "deer caught in headlights" look because I plan on using it often.

On a lighter note, I'm planning another tour in August with Dr. Ed. Bought the plane tickets yesterday and will try and book a few of the hotels before I leave. The route starts in Amsterdam, goes through Belguim and France and ends in Paris.

I'll try to post as often as possible while I'm in Italy.

Ciao for now.

-the Bully

No comments: